Everything You Need to Know About Keratin Treatments
Having dry and frizzy hair sure is irritating as it always tends to lead you to a bad hair day. As simple shampoos and conditioners seem insufficient in treating damaged hair, then it may be best for you to have a nice hair treatment to fix that problem.
One of the treatments which you may want to go through is keratin treatment. Gladly, it is one of those which we offer among our EDGE Beauty Bar services. So, if you are curious about what this treatment is all about, then here is some helpful information which can help you decide if you need to have this treatment or not.
What is keratin treatment?
Technically, keratin is a major protein that is present in our hair. This acts both as external protection and internal protein. However, it is with external factors such as sunlight that the keratin in our hair gets depleted. This causes our hair to become dry and frizzy.
With the help of a keratin treatment, keratin is then added to the hair, making it look healthy and frizz-free. Here, the porous spots in your hair are filled in with keratin. Once filled in, your hair is rebuilt back into its former glory as the lost protein is somehow restored. Simply put, this treatment will make you feel like you have been applied with a strong conditioner whose effect can last you for months.
Now that you know what this process really is, then here are the steps which are being made in order to complete the treatment which lasts for approximately three hours.
- The hair is washed thoroughly with shampoo. Conditioner is not being used in this treatment since keratin will act as a deep conditioner.
- Then, the hair is blow-dried in order to remove all the moisture.
- Next, the keratin solution is applied.
- Afterwards, the hair is left for the treatment to set for a while.
- Once set, the hair is blow-dried once more.
- The treatment is then ended after the hair is flat-ironed. Aside from making your hair straighter, the flat iron is used to help seal the solution within the strands of your hair.
You won’t be allowed to wash or tie your hair for at least 48 hours. Usually, it is after your hair treatment that your stylists may advise you to use their recommended products so that the effects of the keratin can stay longer.
Overall, keratin treatment will make your hair become shinier and more manageable. Unlike other popular treatments, keratin treatment will not alter the structure of your hair. Instead, its focus is simply to restore the condition of your hair and not to straighten it. So, make sure to drop by if you think that your hair needs this!